- Short attention span (inattentiveness)
- Symptoms change form over time
- Unable to respond to the academic, social, and behavioral demands
- Aggression mental health - pediatric care adhd testing
In some cases, it is not that simple; it is not just "ADHD" or it could be ADHD in addition to other diagnosis. The right evaluation/treatment and referral to other specialists as needed, will help to make the correct diagnosis.
There is an association with other psychiatric diagnosis such depression, anxiety, OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder), ODD (oppositional defiant disorder), bipolar, and or conduct disorder.
- The combination of psychological therapy and other non-pharmacological options in conjunction with pharmacological therapies works better in many cases.
- Consistency, discipline, and clear rules at home and school
- Home behavioral management tools
- Social skills interventions
- Time management and organizational/planning skills
- Improve relationships with family, teachers, and friends
- Better academic outcomes
- More independence
- Improve self-esteem
- Prevention of getting into situations risky behaviors - substance abuse
We could answer your questions/concerns, in addition you will have benefits such as:
- Education about ADHD
- A team work approach among your pediatrician, parents, teachers, caregivers, other health professional.
- Discuss medication options/side effects
The following is a list of support groups and additional resources for further information about ADHD. Check with your pediatrician for resources in your community.
Copyright © 2018 Imagine Pediatrics, P.C. - All Rights Reserved.
We Treat Kids Better